Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon: Watermelon is one of the delicious and refreshing fruits, which is right for your health. It contains nearly 46 calories per cup but is having a high amount of vitamin C, vitamin A and consist of many healthy plant compounds.
The top 9 health benefits of eating watermelon fruit.
1. Helps You Hydrate:
- Drinking water is a crucial way to keep your body from hydrated.
- However, eating foods which have a high water content can also help in maintaining good health.
- Interestingly, watermelon is containing 92% water.
- High water content is one of the best reasons for fruits and then vegetables that helps you to feel full.
- The combination of water and then fibre means eating a good volume of the food without a lot of calories.
3. Contains Compounds That May Help Prevent Cancer:
- Researchers have studied that lycopene and other individual plant compounds in the watermelon for their anti-cancer effects.
- Although the lycopene intake also linked to a lower risk of some types of other cancer, the results are mixed.
- Lycopene can appear to reduce the risk for cancer by lowering insulin-like growth factor (IGF), a protein involved in cell division.
- High IGF levels linked to cancer disease.
4. May Improve Heart Health:
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death the entire worldwide.
- Lifestyle factors, including the diet, may lower the risk of heart attacks and heart strokes by reducing blood pressure and some cholesterol levels.
- Studies who suggest that lycopene may help in lower cholesterol and then blood pressure.
- It can also help in preventing oxidative damage to cholesterol.
5. May Lower Inflammation and Oxidative Stress:
- Inflammation is one of the critical drivers of many chronic diseases.
- Watermelon may also help to reduce inflammation and also oxidative damage since it is highly rich in the anti-inflammatory antioxidants like lycopene and then vitamin C.
- In a 2015 study, lab rats were fed that watermelon powder to supplement as an unhealthy diet.
- Compared with the control group, they developed lower levels of the C-reactive protein (a marker of inflammation) and also less oxidative stress.
- As an antioxidant, lycopene may also have some benefit to brain health. For example, it may help to delay the onset and progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
6. May Help to Prevent Macular Degeneration:
- It may also help to prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- There is a widespread eye problem that can cause blindness in older adults.
- It has a prominent role as an antioxidant and can also help as an anti-inflammatory compound that may help in preventing AMD from developing and getting worse.
7. May Help Relieve Muscle Soreness:
- Interestingly, watermelon juice may appear to enhance the bio-availability of the citrulline.
- One small study has given athletes understandable for watermelon juice.
- Watermelon juice mixed with citrulline or a citrulline drink.
- The researchers help to conduct a test-tube experiment, investigating the absorption of the citrulline.
8. Is Good for Skin and Hair:
- Two vitamins in the watermelon — A and C — are essential for skin care and hair health.
- Vitamin C also helps your body make as collagen, a protein that keeps your skin supple and your hair too strong.
- Vitamin A is also essential for healthy skin since it helps to create and repair damaged skin cells.
- Both lycopene and then beta-carotene may also help to protect your skin from sunburn.
9. Can Help Improve Digestion:
- Watermelon contains a lot of water and a little amount of fibre both of which are very important for healthy digestion.
- Fibre can also provide bulk for your stool, while water can helps in keeping your digestive tract moving efficiently.
- Eating more fibre-rich fruits and also vegetables, including watermelon, can be very helpful for promoting regular bowel movements.