Cervical Radiculopathy is the inflammation or damage of nerve root in the cervical spine. This compression of the roots near to cervical area can cause severe pain in the nerves. Depending on the location of the nerves one can lose the sensation in the shoulder, arm, hand, or fingers.
Spinal Cord is the continuation of the Brainstem, protected within the vertebral column. There are 31 pairs of spinal nerves. Each of them is named according as they emerge from the spinal nerve. There are eight cervical nerve roots located in the cervical spine. These nerves can extend further to supply muscles for enabling the functioning of shoulders, arms, hands, and fingers.
Causes of Cervical Radiculopathy
- Damage the external pressure due to injuries.
- A pressure of the ruptured disc.
- Degenerative changes in bones.
- The effect of specific traumas may lead to pain in the nerves.
Symptoms of Cervical Radiculopathy
- Muscle weakness or numbness.
- Tingling effect in fingers or hands.
- Pain may progress along the entire arm and into fingers.
- Lack of coordination in the hands.
Diagnosis of the Cervical Radiculopathy
- Medical history evaluation.
- Physical examination.
- Spurling’s Test – Based on the symptoms this test is performed to know the radicular effect of the nerves.
You may also like to read:
- 6 Ayurveda Beauty Therapies, Abhyanga Shirodhara Nasya.
- 5 Reasons To Eat More Avocados.
- Guava Fruit Benefits, Benefits Of Guava Leaves psidium guava.
- Causes Of ACL Tear Injury, Anterior Cruciate Ligament For Ayurveda Treatment.
- Cervical Radiculopathy Ayurveda Treatment ICD 10 Causes, Symptoms.
- 5 Cancer Treatment in Ayurveda, Symptoms, Causes.
- Ayurveda Pregnancy Symptoms, Postnatal (or) Antenatal Care For Midwife.
Ayurveda Treatment for Cervical Radiculopathy:
- The ancient Indian treatment have popularly known as Ayurveda.
- It is the process to cure diseases with natural therapies and Ayurvedic medicines.
- Ayurveda is our solemn responsibility to continue forward the Ayurveda, which has been a pride of Indian treatment.
- Cervical Radiculopathy can cure with the enhanced treatment of Ayurveda.
- Treatments include Vatavyadhi sucha, Abhyanga, Svedana and Mridu Virechana.
- According to the symptoms of the patients, the therapy of Ayurveda is performed.
Greet the illness in your body with Ayurveda for a healthier life.