ACL Tear: ACL is one of the major ligaments in your knee, known as Anterior Cruciate Ligament. ACL tear is an injury or sprain of the ACL.
- Along with other ligaments, ACL keeps our knee and leg bones in the exact place and helps us to walk or run.
- The ACL ligament is at the joint of the knee.
- And this ligament is injured, it can stretch, partially or entirely torn.
- It results in the unstable functioning of the knee joint.
Causes of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury:
There might be different situations where you can get ACL injury, that is
- Sudden fall
- Motor Vehicle Collision
- Incorrect landing from a jump
- Changing direction rapidly
- Direct collision
Symptoms of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury:
When the ACL ligament is injured, you can hear the POP sound in the knee.
There are a few other symptoms.
- Pain in the knee
- Rapid Knee swelling
- Pain standing or walking
- Tenderness along the joint line
Diagnosis of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury:
- First, the symptoms are to be noted.
- After that, image related tests like Xray.
- After, an MRI scan on the knee is conducted to know the depth of injury.
Treatment for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury:
The ancient Indian treatment popularly known as ayurveda is the process to cure diseases with natural therapies and Ayurvedic medicines.
It is our solemn responsibility to continue forward the Ayurveda, which has been a pride of Indian treatment.
ACL tear is a common cause of injury. You might not require surgery for it. The injured ligament can be healed on time with Ayurvedic treatment. The Ayurvedic treatments include:
- Internal medicines
- External therapies
Based on the extent of symptoms the above Ayurvedic therapies are used to cure ACL Tear.