Antenatal Care or Prenatal Care is the support and healthcare given for women during pregnancy. One of the happiest moments for mothers in childbirth. There has to be great care for the unborn baby and the woman during the pregnancy period. Systematic supervision has to be regular as per the individual needs.
A Midwife is a person who is trained to assist the women at the time of pregnancy until the delivery of the baby. A midwife takes complete antenatal care. Overall health and psychological need with Ayurveda treatment for Antenatal care have to follow for a healthy delivery. Around 20% of maternal deaths occur during pregnancy. The causes for them are:
Pregnant Women Age:
Women in their 20’s have fewer complications in the pregnancy. With the increased age in the 30’s and 40’s there is a certainty of increased complications.
Pregnant Women Resources:
Most of the rural areas still do not have proper health care centers for pregnant women. Most women could not be able to reach the nearest centers as they located far away.
Social and economic status:
Due to low income, pregnant women cannot afford the proper diet or medications required during pregnancy. Improper nutrition can affect the growth of the child.
A disease occurred during pregnancy can spread to the child inside the mother and spreads causing harm for both. *STD’s** can affect both child and mother during pregnancy and arise complications of childbirth.
During pregnancy, an involuntary or voluntary loss of an unborn child can also affect the mother’s health. Recurrent loss of a child can affect to physical and psychological factors of the women.
Due to domestic violence on pregnant women, they might end up losing the unborn baby and their life.
The factors above need to consider at the period of pregnancy. Diet and physical health need to be maintained at proper levels to have a healthy baby with fewer complications at the time of delivery. The common complications are *hypertension** and *diabetes**. A midwife supervises the women during their entire pregnancy and looks over the difficulties they might be having or the precautions that need to follow.
Pregnancy lasts about 280 days or 40 weeks, and it can divide into Trimesters:
Pregnant First Trimester:
The first trimester is from week 1 to week 12. It is the most crucial part of the pregnancy as the fetus just started forming the organs, and the mother needs to be very careful during this period. Harmful effects during this trimester can cause congenital disabilities.
Pregnant Second Trimester:
The second trimester starts from week 13 to week 26. Baby’s movement felt during this period.
Pregnant Third Trimester:
The Third trimester is the last trimester and starts from week 27 to week 40. Premature babies can be born before week 37 as the baby’s organs form entirely and the excitement to see the baby increases.
Regular appointments to your doctor and midwife can make your pregnancy period better.
6 Ayurveda treatment for Antenatal care:
- Antenatal care through midwife is known as Garbhini Paricharya in Ayurvedic term.
- The regular garbhini paricharya can result in healthy fetus, risk-free delivery and reduce strain on mother.
- Ayurveda treatment for antenatal care includes asanas, herbs, and procedures for healthy child delivery.
- Herbs may be combined to have useful results.
- This combination of herbs as per the Ayurveda treatment is effective.
- If the health of pregnant women stays in good condition, then there will not be many complications, and she can deliver a healthy child.
Natural Herbs used during pregnancy are:
1. Red Raspberry leaves:
- It eases the pain during pregnancy and prevents miscarriage.
2. Dandelion leaves:
- Good at increasing appetite.
- It heals liver and kidney infections and can use as the general well-being.
3. Nettle Leaves:
- It is a rich source of vitamins and minerals which are useful for human growth.
- This can decrease pain during delivery and nourishes the mother and fetus.
- Nettle leaves prevent many of diseases.
- Make sure you follow the instructions of the doctor before using any herbs.
- Both Oats and Oatstraw can use similarly.
- It helps to relieve anxiety and good for women with pregnancy.
- It is rich in calcium and magnesium.
- The cooling and calming effects of Shatavari herb enhance fertility by decreasing oxidative stress.
- It is a plant whose roots and berries used as medicines.
- Ashwagandha helps to reduce anxiety, stress levels and acts as the genetic tonic.
- This can stabilize the fetus and good for pregnant women.
- These winter cherries have a pleasant aroma and the soothing of the inflammation.
- Herbs like Ashwagandha, Guduchi and Kraunch Beej strengthens uterine muscles and nourishes the embryo.
- Herbs which include nutritive value need to be taken.
- The vata, downward energy during pregnancy needs equally maintained.
- Abhyanga is the self-manageable massage that may reduce the stress and fatigue of vata dosha.
- Foot massages can be suggested to relieve the pain.
- Walking and yoga asanas are useful during the first trimester.
You may also like to read:
- 6 Ayurveda Beauty Therapies, Abhyanga Shirodhara Nasya.
- 5 Reasons To Eat More Avocados.
- Guava Fruit Benefits, Benefits Of Guava Leaves psidium guava.
- Causes Of ACL Tear Injury, Anterior Cruciate Ligament For Ayurveda Treatment.
- Cervical Radiculopathy Ayurveda Treatment ICD 10 Causes, Symptoms.
- 5 Cancer Treatment in Ayurveda, Symptoms, Causes.
Therapies are a sort of the healing process. Which connects us to spirit. With deep relaxation and energy flow to the muscles and mind, our entire body gets healed.
Every individual body is different thus based on the person. Specific ayurvedic therapies need to be applied. Body therapies can reduce the infection in body by using medicated oils.
Our skin has an internal relationship with the glands and the veins, and any abnormalities cause a reaction on the skin surface resulting in diseases and imbalanced hormones.
The Ayurveda treatment starts with the measure to cease the on-going aggregation of the dosha in the body and purifies them. We use natural herbs to reduce the dosha. A pregnant woman needs to be careful before practicing any diet or exercise.