9 Super Benefits of Ajwain (Carom Seeds) For Hair, Skin, and Health. A spice that has every Indian household is all a familiar with and then without which has every dal tadka is incomplete, ajwain is then derived from a herb plant that originated in our very own country.
Ajwain seeds vary from being slightly olive green to brown. All parts of this herb have an overpowering scent, and hence it is also known as Ugragandha in Sanskrit. The seeds have a bitter taste and have pungent flavor, somewhat like oregano, and because of its strong aromatic essence, it is often added to curries and in pickles.
It is one of those rare spices that fulfilled the twin purpose of adding flavor and can be useful for your health.
“Ajwain seeds are highly rich in minerals, fiber, vitamins and then antioxidants. They can be even be chewed raw, added to water or tea to an extract have maximum benefits from them. Adding flavor and some aroma to your perfect meals is not the only purpose these nutrient boosters serve. The benefits of ajwain seeds are many, and you should know them to be able to put them in good use.
9 Super Benefits of Ajwain
1. Instant Relief from the Acidity and Indigestion:
- The benefits of the health to the ajwain seeds and your mother had never forgotten by adding it to your perfect meals of because it keeps your stomach too strong.
- Nothing disrupts our daily routine more than an upset of your stomach.
- Take atleast one teaspoon of cumin and then one teaspoon of carom seeds and can add 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder to it.
- Take this mixture with water daily to cure heartburns.
2. Treats Common Cold:
- Ajwain can help in avoiding the nasal blockage by discharging the mucus easily.
- Prepare a paste of the ajwain seeds and then jaggery by heating it and take two teaspoons of it twice in a day to feel much better.
- Also helps in dealing with Ithe respiratory ailments like bronchitis and tasthama.
- To provide new relief from a migraine headache, take ajwain powder in a thin cloth and then inhale it frequently or keep it under your pillow.
3. For Ear and Tooth Ache:
- To ease dreaded ear pain, two drops of the ajwain oil are enough.
- For instant relief from the tooth-ache, rinse with a mix of the lukewarm water, one teaspoon of the ajwain and salt.
- Simply inhaling the fumes of the burning ajwain seeds can do wonders for an aching tooth.
- Besides this, it acts as a great mouth wash and can maintain good oral hygiene.
4. Cleaning Wounds:
- A component namely called thymol in the ajwain seeds can act as a strong fungicide and then germicide.
- Thus, ajwain seeds can be crushed and then applied on the skin to treat infections or cuts.
5. Oma Water:
- Ajwain or Oma water is wide as an ayurvedic marvel, especially for the women.
- It cures all the problem of indigestion for the pregnant ladies by cleaning the uterus and stomach and can solve the issue of irregular periods.
- Oma water is also often given to small babies to reduce the problem of gas that causes discomfort.
- To prepare ajwain water, boil the two teaspoons of roasted ajwain seeds in the water. Strain this mixture and drink it.
- You can also add one teaspoon of honey for the flavor.
- Drinking of ajwain water as regularly is known to enhance your rate of the metabolism, burns fat and thus helps in reducing weight.
6. To Stop Greying of Hair:
- Ajwain seeds can help in halting pre-mature greying of the hair.
- To prepare this mixture, add some curry leaves, sugar, and dry grapes, carom seeds in a single cup of water and then cook it.
- Drink one glass of this every day until you start seeing the below results.
7. Mosquito Repellent:
- If your market had bought some mosquito was highly repellent fails to work, you can always make one at your home.
- Combine with the mustard oil with the ajwain seeds and then apply on the pieces of cardboard which you can tie in the corners of your room to ward off mosquitoes.
- Using this space as a repellent fills with your house with a beautiful scent, unlike the fumes which released from the coils.
8. Cleansing skin:
Ajwain powder is also especially useful in lightening acne scars. Apply a paste on the affected area for minimum 10-15 minutes and then rinse off.
9. Eases the Pain Due to Arthritis:
- Ajwain seeds have possessed the two qualities that help them in fighting arthritis.
- They have antibiotic properties that can reduce redness and can combat inflammation, and they possess anesthetic properties that soothe the pain and for swelling.
- As a home remedy, you can also apply the paste of crushed seeds on the joints or soak in a tub of hot water with a handful of the carom seeds.